How Can You Deal With Early Cavities?
By : admin
| November 02, 2021
Before we begin, let’s first speak about cavities! Well, a cavity is losing a small section of your tooth towards the process of decay. A cavity is caused by the action of acids that actually damages the crystalline structure of your tooth.
You can find various warning signals of decay. And this, in fact, ruins the tooth enamel. But, the structure can be restored with the help of an external process, by using fluorides or other substances.
Now, let’s take a quick glance at how to fight early cavities!
How to get rid of early cavities?
- Reduce Sugar Items: Mainly, sugar plays the role of a magnet to attract bacteria. Hence, try to restrict your daily sugar consumption. Sugar contains highly acidic properties that may cause the formation of plaque which can further lead to cavities. If plaque is not properly cleaned by saliva or brushing, it can create an acidic environment inside your mouth.
- Oil Pulling: Do you know that gargling with oil heals many oral issues along with getting rid of bacteria? Well, it’s an age-old technique and works effectively for cavities too. You can even try to gargle with mustard oil or coconut oil. But make sure that you gargle at least for 5 minutes on a daily basis.
- Salt Water: First, take a tablespoon of salt and then add some warm water to it and mix it well. Then rinse your mouth with that solution. This is also an old technique and no doubt it really gives great results. Try to clean your mouth every night with this solution so that you can achieve much better results. Salt actually contains some antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help to combat cavities.
- Vanilla essence: Yes, you have heard it right! Vanilla essence contains a few alcohol properties that act as a pain reliever. It simply numbs that part, which is damaged by the cavities. Vanilla essence also contains analgesic and antiseptic properties to some extent. This is why it is highly effective against cavities.
- Clove oil: This procedure is an old remedy and can deal with all kinds of tooth problems! Clove oil plays a vital role in cases of toothaches. It has got some medicinal properties that reduce the sensation which is caused by cavities. Cloves too contain antiseptic antimicrobial properties that help you clean the dental cavity.
Play your Role to Prevent Tooth Decay:
- Brush your teeth twice on a daily basis, specifically using fluoride-content toothpaste.
- Floss at least once every day.
- Make sure that you rinse your mouth with a fluoride-containing mouthwash.
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals
- Try to cut down on your snacks.
- Ask your dentist to provide dental sealants. Sealants help to protect your teeth from more decay.
- Drink fluoridated water.
- See your nearby dentist routinely for dental cleanings and also check-ups.
Get the Help you need!
You can get in touch with Didsbury Smiles Dental if you want to receive the best teeth cleaning in Didsbury, AB to get rid of cavities. Our dentist in Didsbury strives hard to deliver the best treatment to our patients for any of their dental problems along with optimal comfort. We are just a call away.