How To Improve Your Sleep Experience When You Are Suffering From Sleep Apnea?
By : admin
| July 28, 2021
Sleep apnea is a kind of sleep disorder that leads to breathing problems when you’re asleep. Obesity and age play an essential role in the advancement of this condition.
Generally, there are two kinds of sleep apnea—Central and Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Check out its Symptoms:
- Repeated, loud snoring
- Sleep interruptions or insomnia
- Wake up from sleep with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Choking, snorting, or gasping during sleep
- Sleepiness and fatigue during daytime
- Get up multiple times to urinate
Few home remedies to cure Sleep Apnea and get a better sleep experience:
If you’re suffering from mild cases of sleep apnea, little changes in your lifestyle may be enough to treat your issue. Follow the given below instructions to get better sleep-
- Lose weight. Once you lose weight, your throat easily opens up and reduces your symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Daily exercise. Do aerobic exercise, or yoga daily to strengthen the muscles in your airways and breathe better.
- Sleep on your side. Lying down on your back is the worst position when you are suffering from sleep apnea. It makes your tongue, jaw, and other soft tissues drop back toward the throat. This narrows your air passage. But if you lay on your side, it enables you to keep your airway open. You can also lie on your belly. And if you lie on your back, keep in mind to keep your head elevated.
- Avoid taking anti-anxiety medication, alcohol, and other sedatives, generally before bedtime. When you intake all these, it makes your throat muscles relax and hampers breathing.
- You can apply a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device when you sleep. A CPAP device is a solution that helps keep your airways open. All you gotta do is wear a mask over your mouth and nose while going to sleep. The mask is connected to a device that pumps air into your throat with a hose. This inflates the throat and prevents it from getting collapsed!
- Surgery may even be a treatment option in some cases. But always let your dentist in Didsbury decide what’s apt for you!
Different health hazards can also happen due to sleep apnea—and sometimes even life-threatening. Hence, you shouldn’t leave it untreated. Health problems caused by sleep apnea include:
Get the Help you need!
You can get in touch with Didsbury Smiles Dental if you want to receive the best treatment for sleep apnea conditions in Didsbury. Our nearby Didsbury dentist will diagnose the issue and will prescribe a suitable treatment plan. Book an appointment now and we’re happy to help you.
- Too much sleepiness.
- Increases mood disorders such as depression and anxiety.
- High blood pressure.
- Deteriorates your memory and loss of ability to concentrate.
- Excessive headaches.
- Weight gain.
- Chances of strokes, and irregular heartbeats.
- Metabolic abnormalities.
- Liver problems.