Root Canal Procedures:Causes, Signs & Definitions
Root canals are a common dental surgery that can dramatically improve your oral health. This blog has all you need to know about root canals provided by our dentists at Didsbury Smiles Dental
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Your Didsbury dentist will undertake a series of dental procedures to remove the contaminated tissues in the root canal. After that, dental-grade material is used to replace the tissues. Root canal therapy is an efficient approach to remove bacterial infection and prevent further spread of the infection.
Why Do You Need A Root Canal Procedure?
You should be aware that some dental disorders can result in bacterial infection of the dental pulp, necessitating root canal procedure. If you are suffering or have experienced any of these problems, a root canal treatment may be necessary. In such cases, contact your dentist in Didsbury as soon as possible.
- If you've had a lot of dental work done on your tooth,
- If your tooth has been subjected to trauma
- If you are suffering from a fractured or chipped tooth
- If you suffer from dental cavities
- If you don't have a good oral care routine
- If you do not have a good lifestyle
- If you use your teeth for abrasive things
Causes Of A Root Canal Infection
Your Didsbury dentist has mentioned some of the most prevalent causes of root canal infection below.
- Infection in the root canal can be caused by a tooth infection or dental cavities that can reach your dental pulp by penetrating your enamel
- Some types of dental injury, such as chipped or fractured teeth, can lead to tooth decay and, eventually, a root canal infection.
- Trauma to the tooth, significant dental decay, massive dental fillings, and recent dental treatments may all require root canal treatment.
What Are The Signs That Show That You Need Root Canal Treatment?
You can tell if you have a root canal infection by looking for particular symptoms. For your convenience, the best dentist in Nashua has listed them below.
You should keep in mind that a patient may not notice any signs or symptoms at all. However, the most prominent indication of a root canal infection is severe dental pain produced by infected or wounded tooth pulp.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand everything you need to know about root canals. Get in touch with us at Didsbury Smiles Dental if you are looking for the best root canal procedures in Didsbury, AB.
- Abscess formation or swollen gum tissues around the affected teeth
- Sore gums while biting or chewing
- Suffering from chronic pain while eating food. Dental sensitivity is also common when pressure is applied to the affected area. However, you should be aware that tooth discomfort is not always a sign that you need root canal therapy.
- Teeth that are extremely sensitive to cold or hot foods and beverages.
- Extreme tooth discoloration or dark-colored teeth
- Formation of minor lumps around the damaged area.